| PCI’s mission is to promote and protect the viability of a competitive
private insurance market for the benefit of consumers and insurers. |
We are the property casualty industry’s most effective and diverse trade association. We represent nearly 1,000 member companies in a truly member-driven organization.
PCI's purpose is to advocate our members’ public policy positions in all 50 states and on Capitol Hill, and to keep our members current on the information that is critical to their businesses.
The Gold Standard for Advocacy
No other property casualty trade association can match our effectiveness. PCI is the only trade with a retained lobbyist in every state and 12 experienced regional managers in key state capitols.
Legislators and regulators depend on PCI as a source of accurate, data-driven information. Not spin. Not one-sided messages. Just solid insight about how proposed legislation or regulation will affect our industry and the business community.
Information Power Source
Our industry runs on information. We make sure our members have what they need for efficient and effective business operations – and to avoid the costs of non-compliance.
More than 80 publications keep you on top of trends, news and analysis for all lines of property casualty business including:
- daily state and federal legislative and regulatory alerts
- bulletins covering trends on 30 topics
- 50 state compliance charts
- 1,200 compliance bulletins
Our members also take advantage of peer-to-peer information exchange when they participate
in our standing committees and our annual seminars
Our Diversity is Our Strength
PCI is the only property casualty trade association with members from every corner
of our industry:
- large and small companies in all 50 states
- every form of ownership – stock, mutual, RRG, reciprocal
Our members write:
- $202 billion in annual premium
- 42% of the U.S. auto insurance market
- 27% of the homeowners market
- 33% of the commercial property and liability market
- 34% of the private workers comp market